You are going to need a WHITE sponge-scourer to clean off this product.
Tick the box above to add one to your order.
Comparing Cement Grout to Epoxy Grout is like comparing a push-bike to a motor cycle. Unlike other epoxy grouts on the market, the Starlike Crystal EVO catalyst component is labelled only as an irritant. It is neither corrosive nor hazardous for the environment. This is also important for the person using it – it makes it a bit more expensive but is so well worth it.
Read about the differences here: WHAT MAKES THIS GROUT DIFFERENT?
- Shipping on this product can only be combined with scourers. I will NOT ship glass in a box with grout
- I MAY be able to include some SMALL items at no additional shipping costs, but any additional shipping costs will be on-charged
- Shipping costs may vary depending on your post-code
- Ships to Australia and New Zealand only
Based on aggregate made from recycled glass beads, Starlike Crystal EVO is the perfect solution for grouting transparent and artistic mosaics.
- A two-part, translucent epoxy grout for grouting transparent glass or artistic mosaics with joints up to 3 mm
- Ultra-low volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions
- Contains more than 50% recycled materials.
- The perfect choice when using multiple colours of translucent tesserae – “absorbs” colour from its surrounds
- Does not contain any solvents or hazardous chemicals
- Classed as an IRRITANT only
- Easy to use and clean-up
- Storage time: 24 months in original packaging, avoid freezing temperatures
- store any unused hardener in an air-tight manner (such as a a zip-lock bag), in the original tub
- Food Safe
- Mixing ratios (as per the Technical Data Sheet from Litokol):
- Component A: 93.7 parts by weight
- Component B: 6.3 parts by weight
- A kitchen scale is great to measure out the grout
- If you calculate that you need 100 grams of grout, weigh out 93.7 grams Part A, and 6.3 grams Part B
- If you need, for example, 145 grams of grout, you will need:
- (145/100) x 93.7 Part A, (i.e 1.45 x 93.7 = 135.8 grams) and
- (145/100) x 6.3 Part B, (i.e 1.45 x 6.3 = 9.2 grams)
How easy is it to apply?
This product is incredibly easy to apply and clean-up. Both Starlike and Crystal grouts include a cleaning agent, which reacts with the water used in clean-up, making it very easy to clean-off. Clean off excess grout with a gloved hand or rubber kidney, then lightly rub-over with a wet white scourer pad (rinsing frequently). If you feel any “drag” or stickiness on the scourer pad, add more water. Then wipe over with a squeezed-out sponge. Follow up with a detailed clean after about 20 mins – I use a pick, similar to what I would use with cement grout, and a dampish scourer. Polish with a soft, dry cloth, and the job is done.
Read about De-bunking some of the Myths here. Can save a lot of heart-ache!
Coverage depends on format, joint width, thickness and surface.
Indicative coverage using 20x20x4mm joint width 2mm: 1.1 kg per m2
The Technical Data Sheet and Safety Data Sheets for this product are available here:
SDS & TDS (Combined)